Real World Evidence
Your data – that is, information about your disease and treatment journey – is what is called Real World Data (RWD), which informs findings called Real World Evidence (RWE). It is referred to as “real world” because it represents what happens in every day treatment settings, outside of controlled clinical trial environments. Pharma companies can use RWD/RWE to advance clinical research by informing the development of new treatment options and considering expanded indications for approved treatments. Clinical trials are no longer the only way you can participate in health research and make your voice heard in the drug development process – sharing your data for RWE is a powerful way to let your data tell your story and educate researchers on how patients like you are responding to treatments.
The old way…
Researchers may already be using your data in RWE research.
This data may be pulled from:
- Insurance / claims billing data
- Provider Electronic Health Record (EHR) data
- Provider manual retrospective chart reviews
- The data is always de-identified, so there is limited risk to you, but you are not notified that your data is being used or how it is contributing to the advancement of research.
Ciitizen believes in a different approach, a new way of engaging patients in RWE by putting patients in a position of power to choose how they want their health data to be used.
Patients want to decide how their health data should be used in the real world, so Ciitizen gives patients the tools to understand their options and contribute their data to important research.
Ciitizen leverages its proprietary machine learning platform, to help you collect your complete patient medical records and generate regulatory-grade, research-ready patient data at scale and with high quality. We can further supplement this rich clinical information with patient reported outcomes.
These natural history studies can be used to:
- Discover and select endpoints for use in clinical trials
- Conduct genotype/phenotype analysis
- Speed up the time to get therapeutics to patients
- Be an external or historical control arm to supplement clinical trial data
For Advocacy Groups
Ciitizen enables advocacy groups and patients to drive cures for their diseases like no other platform, giving patients complete control of their health data to drive their own care while advancing cures.
Advocacy groups can host their own Patient Registries and Natural History Studies on Ciitizen, while powering patient navigation for treatments and trials through the power of patient data. .
How it works:
- No patient clinic visits required – patient onboarding takes less than 5 minutes
- Clinical data will be collected from patient’s medical records, organized and summarized, free of charge
- Caregivers retain full control of patient’s medical records
- With patient or caregiver consent, clinicians, researchers and biopharma can access the anonymized, summarized data for drug development
- Advocacy group has tools to conduct data analysis on their disease cohort
Currently Ciitizen is working with advocacy groups in the oncology, neurology and mitochondrial disease space.
To see an example of the type of research we are leading with our advocacy partners, please see here
If you are an advocacy group interested in this platform, please fill out this form.
For Biopharma Companies
Our goal is to help patients drive research forward by reducing the time it takes biopharma to conduct natural history studies or other real world evidence studies. Our platform provides biopharma with access to consented, normalized and structured real world evidence data.
The benefits to biopharma of using data on the Ciitizen platform are:
- Ongoing clinical data collection from any type of medical institution
- Leverage technology to rapidly establish natural history in representative cohorts
- Inform clinical endpoint identification and characterization
- Establish genotype-phenotype correlations
- Provide long-term monitoring of treatment effect
- Maintain ability for patient re-contact