Get control of all of your health records & contribute to research.
Your genetic data is only part of your health picture. Ciitizen and Invitae have joined forces to offer patients like you a free online tool that collects, summarizes, and provides you with digital access to your full medical records, from all of the places where you’ve received care. When you have control over your medical records and your genetic information, you have the power to use that information to get the best possible care or to advance medical research.
The Invitae Research Team and Morehouse School of Medicine have teamed up to drive research to make precision medicine more accessible for all. We invite you to participate in the Total Cancer Care Study, a National Cancer Institute funded observational research study, by contributing your health data to researchers. This personalized cancer medicine research may lead to:
- Discovering personalized treatment therapies.
- Identifying your cancer risk factors so you may share this important information with your family members.
- Providing cancer patients with more options for clinical trials that best fit their needs.
Cancer research like the Morehouse Total Cancer Care study helps find treatments that are safe and effective. It’s important that cancer patients or survivors from all backgrounds participate. This will help doctors and scientists understand how cancer uniquely impacts our communities and how to create better personalized medicines for all people. As a participant in this study, you also may be offered the opportunity to receive additional genetic and genomic testing from Morehouse research partners.
Invitae and Morehouse share a strong commitment to patient privacy and give you the right to control how your Invitae genetic test result and the data in your Ciitizen Profile are used and shared for research purposes.
Before you choose to join this research study and open your Ciitizen account, we ask you to read and respond to the following consent:
- You have the opportunity below to initially consent to share your medical records in your Ciitizen Profile and your Invitae genetic test result with Invitae Research Teams and Morehouse School of Medicine for the purposes of cancer research.
- You will be provided with an additional consent from the Morehouse School of Medicine that includes some more details about the Total Cancer Care Study.
- As a part of this research study, you may be invited to participate in further in depth genetic and genomic testing to support your participation in this research partner all at no cost to you. The research team works with leading genomic sequencing provider Sema4 to provide these additional testing options to you, should you wish to participate.
Before we begin the process of opening your Ciitizen account, please let us know if you consent to sharing your Ciitizen Profile with the Invitae and Morehouse School of Medicine research teams. You can change your mind at any time.
#SOCIAL ASSET GENERATOR
1. COMPLETE THE SENTENCE
My #blackdatamatters because...
2. UPLOAD A PHOTO OF YOURSELF